When I started blogging using WordPress I did not know what to expect. In the past when I tried to write and keep up with posting to a blog, I lost interest. What makes this time different is the community. It is the sweetest feeling when someone clicks ‘like’ or leaves a comment. I value all of you. Your kindness toward me keeps me on my toes to return and to share a poem that might remain hidden away from viewing eyes. I dearly appreciate the encouragement. I am pleased with the blog I have now and I am grateful for those that have shown the slightest interest in reading my words. Thank you.
In our blogging community we depend on one another. With efforts to keep us visiting and participating with other blogs, we comment, create blog hops and give awards. All of these efforts are good for us and our blogs. There are some bloggers that do not do awards. I understand. If you are not interested in participating with the Liebster Award, there is no need to explain.
I was nominated by Elizabeth Zertuche and I want to thank her for sharing a link to my blog on Rinconez by nominating Willowbeithe. It is my pleasure to accept and it is wonderful to share my nominees in the same way.
As a nominee for the Liebster Award, I was asked to state eleven facts about myself and answer eleven questions. I have done that….on we go.
Eleven facts about myself:
- I am half a century old.
- I have been married for more than a quarter of a century.
- I am a mother to a wonderful woman.
- I have rescued numerous animals from death by loving them and giving them a home.
- I have downsized my life and live tiny in a shed.
- I have witnessed a calf being born.
- I raise chickens as pets and give their eggs away for free.
- I have traveled all over America and lived in Spain.
- I love to bake homemade from scratch.
- I have a body piercing.
- I have a personal relationship with Alzheimer’s and fear losing my memory.
- Who is your favorite author? Anne Rice
- What do you want readers to takeaway from your website or blog? I like my blog as it is and hope no one takes anything from it! On a serious note I only hope a reader enjoys my writing and wants to read what I have shared.
- When you think of your childhood, what is your most vivid, happy memory? Looking out the window and seeing my grandpa walking to my house.
- Where do you go when you seek peace of mind and/or serenity? Home
- Why do you like to write? My life is what it is and for the most part, quiet. Writing creates sound as loud as I want and creative writing changes everything, for a little while.
- Which do you prefer, books, movies, serial TV/streaming shows or audio-books/podcasts? Books.
- How do you make the time to write with all of life’s interruptions? If there is something to write, write through everything else.
- Have you ever written a post, but decided to delete it or not post it? Yes, many times.
- Can you share one of your favorite quotes? “Constant dripping hollows out a stone.”~Lucretius
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering to start a website or blog? Do not write with fear or what someone else might think of what you have to say. Write for you, always.
- Is writing something you have done most of your life in one way or another or something new? As long as I can remember writing has been an important part of how I communicate and express myself.
I have nominated the following for a Liebster Award. There is no obligation for anyone. If you choose to accept, create a post similar to mine and follow the rules for the Liebster Award.
facetioussoup aka MLWA
Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award.
- Ask 11 questions or use the same questions you were asked.
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- Copy the rules into your post!
(Here are the same 11 questions that were asked to me and I am asking to my nominees.)
- Who is your favorite author?
- What do you want readers to takeaway from your website or blog?
- When you think of your childhood, what is your most vivid, happy memory?
- Where do you go when you seek peace of mind and/or serenity?
- Why do you like to write?
- Which do you prefer, books, movies, serial TV/streaming shows or audio-books/podcasts?
- How do you make the time to write with all of life’s interruptions?
- Have you ever written a post, but decided to delete it or not post it?
- Can you share one of your favorite quotes?
- Do you have any advice for someone who is considering to start a website or blog?
- Is writing something you have done most of your life in one way or another or something new?